When it comes to choosing a company that installs solar energy systems, there are a few common mistakes people make.
Buying cheap does not guarantee quality. This is a way for companies to quickly sell their products and move on. They won’t likely contact you again if your system needs to be serviced.
How to Choose the Right Solar Company
When choosing a solar company, research is crucial. It doesn’t take long to do your research. As long as you know what to search for, it shouldn’t take more than a few minutes.
- Does the company have an office? You can cross off companies without offices or websites.
- Do they have the skills to install quality solar panels? This is a common problem that we see every day. Customers will complain that solar is causing them higher utility bills than before. This is usually due to the fact the salesman who knocked on the door did not have the necessary expertise and gave the customer an incorrect-sized system. Once the panels have been attached to your roof, you are free to use the system. You must address any issues with the system, such as a problem with the size or inability to work correctly.
- Are they familiar with your utility’s rates? Have you seen similar installations to yours and can you show proof of lower utility bills?
- Are they getting good reviews? Check out testimonials on their site, and customer feedback on Google or sites like Yelp.
- Have they been licensed and insured? Ask each candidate for a written statement confirming their qualifications. The Florida Department of Business & Professional Regulation website can be used to verify the license.
- You should also ensure that you get at least a few quotes in writing.
This post was written by Daniel Massaad, owner and expert solar technician at Energy Solutions Direct! ESD is the top choice for solar installers Dayton! Our licensed and certified contractors are masters of their craft; with years of experience servicing the great Tampa Bay area and beyond, the choice is simple. ESD excels at offering you the best in solar value!